MEDREGION Game Guide:
Here you can find useful documents in order to participate in the MEDREGION Scientific Game!
Game play guide
Read the guideline and follow the main steps.
- Stakeholders guide
- Partners guide
MEDCIS Game Guide:
The game includes two phases:
Phase I - 'Carry out a Research Project'
Once logged in, some options will be shown. All students, and their mentors, who had registered on the platform will have access to the first phase. The first phase consist in a research project.
The results of the first phase may be presented alternatively as:
- a video record of their activities together with the conclusions they reached – this includes some field research conclusions. The focus here is on presenting and promoting their idea and research with a maximum length of 3 minutes. The video will be published on youtube and linked to the platform.
- a two pages summary including their research goals and findings (students will find a template to prepare it).
- a poster on the results of the research project and the conclusions reached during their work (students will find a template to prepare it).
- a 15 slides presentation of the research project and the conclusions reached during their work (students will find a template to prepare it).
The final product of all activities will be delivered within 13th of April 2018. Each team has to publish the products in English (i.e., papers and videos) of their ‘research project’ on the dedicated area, the ‘team wiki area’ for evaluation. The products of each team are evaluated both by a scientific committee. The scientific committee attributes a score to the products of each team, ranging from a minimum of 0 to a maximum of 10. The evaluation rules of the products will be based on a specific matrix and focus on the process followed, rather than on the accuracy of results.
Phase II: the online competition
The online competition has been designed to be quite demanding and each team has to collaboratively answer to get to the final score. The competition fulfills aspects of the proposal and serves to consolidate the basics of the scientific method.
- During this phase, each team has to cover a set of minigames which different objectives to be reached
- During this phase of the game (the online competition), all teams can earn a maximum of 90 points over 100. The remaining 10 points may be scored exclusively by joining the first phase (see next section).
- The competition will be on May 4th, 2018 and remain open for a certain amount of time, starting at 10 a.m. CET
- Each team can earn a bonus at the end of each minigame (the minigame is a single path of exercises included in the game) depending on the time spent to accomplish each objective
- Once a team starts the final competition it has to play it until its end. No breaks are allowed.
- Only the teams concluding the game will be included in the final rank
- At the end of the game the team with the highest score will be declared winner
- The teams classified in the first, second and third positions receive a cup and a diploma
- The scientific committee reserves the right to attribute special prizes taking into account the results produced by the teams
- A certificate of participation will be given to all participants
- The products of the winners will be published on the projects web site
Here you can find useful documents for Students and Teachers in order to participate in the MEDCIS Scientific Game!
Game play guide
Follow the steps and keep in mind that you can earn score during the Phase 1 in order to participate in the European online competition (Phase 2) with a starting score.
Guide for teachers
The Game guide is designed to give you indications on how to use the project with your students.
How to find your team
How to change password
How to change your email